The concept of happiness doesn’t rely on what or how much you have! Even the poorest person can be happy, while the richest person in the world may not be able to find happiness even though they have everything. Happiness is a perspective, positive thinking that makes you feel satisfied and content. So, if you are on a path to finding happiness, meditation can help you. Sign up for a meditation workshop online or visit a practitioner in person.
Meditation is the practice of training the mind to feel calm and concentrate on thoughts, emotions, and sensations. The ancient practice can also help you find happiness. We all find it hard to be happy at some point in life. In such a situation, practising meditation can guide us towards achieving our objective. But first, we need to understand the obstacles.
Do we fear experiencing happiness?
When someone is going through a rough time or dealing with emotional distress, such as anxiety, or depression, they often fear being happy. They feel anxious or uneasy, when something good happens in their life or they are surrounded by happiness. One of the major reasons behind it is the fear of losing the thing or moment precious to them, or they feel they do not deserve such happiness. The thought process may vary depending on people.
Meditation can certainly help those dealing with such complicated emotions. They can practise meditation at home, visit a practitioner, or join a meditation workshop online if they do not feel comfortable meeting new people.
Benefits of meditation on happiness
Practised meditation helps us become aware of our feelings. By tapping into our inner emotions, we can understand the things that cause us distress and also make us happy.
Here are some benefits of meditation:
- Stress and anxiety have a negative impact on our lives. It can also lead to numerous health problems, such as high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. Meditation helps lower stress hormones, so you can find peace and happiness.
- Practise meditation regularly to keep negative thoughts at bay. You can calmly deduce the root of the thoughts and overcome them.
- Individuals who practise meditation are filled with positive emotions such as joy, contentment, and gratitude, which can enhance overall happiness.
- Not getting enough sleep can make people angry, frustrated, irritated, or sad. If you are suffering from sleep deprivation, you can join a meditation workshop online. It will help you sleep properly and make you feel happier.
- Meditation can help individuals become more aware of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, leading to greater self-understanding and a greater sense of purpose.
- Individuals who have encountered emotional distress often feel emotionally numb and cannot empathise with empathy and compassion towards themselves and others, which can also lead to serious conditions. But with meditation, they are more emotionally expressive and connect with others more passionately.
How meditation helps you change your perspective?
Did you know that meditation can change the way you view your life? If you are filled with negative thoughts and feel like there is nothing good happening in your life right now, meditation can change your perspective. You will also be able to notice the positive things happening around you and find the path to getting over your current situation.
If you need someone who will guide you through your phases, you can reach out to Master Jenny. She is a well-known practitioner who can assist you. If you can’t visit her course, you can also sign up for her online meditation workshop in Singapore. For more information, contact us.