As some of you may have already known, the seven primary chakras in our bodies act as gateways into our spiritual selves. Keeping them open will enable the energies in our bodies to flow smoothly and prevent blockages that could lead to poor health or a general lack of balance.
One of the chakras that could bring us happiness, good mental health, and great relationships is the heart chakra. It is the fourth chakra and located at the center of our bodies, bridging the three bottom chakras and the three top chakras. It is easy to locate the heart chakra as it is at the center of your chest, right next to where your actual heart is.
The heart chakra, also known as the Anahata in Sanskrit, governs our relationships and can become blocked when we are feeling hurt, hence the meaning of Anahata, which is to become unhurt. Grieving for a lost loved one is one instance where the heart chakra can become shut.
Sometimes, our hearts become closed to protect us from further hurt. But doing so would only block the heart chakra and prevent the flow of energies, some healers have said online.
Healers around the world have also recommended various ways to keep the heart chakra open, including doing stretches or exercises that involve deep breathing, opening the chest and bending backward.
Practicing unconditional love as well as self-love, such as pampering yourself, have also been said to open the heart chakra.
The heart chakra is also associated with the color green, and eating greens like leafy vegetables, being surrounding by greenery or even wearing green could help open the heart chakra, some healers have said.
Green crystals and gemstones such as the amazonite, emerald and malachite could also help open the heart chakra. Many also say that the rose quartz, also known as the “love stone,” could also open the heart chakra to all forms of love, including self-love, platonic love and even romantic love.
More about the crystals:
1. The amazonite is a bluish-green gemstone rich with potassium and is said to be able to open both heart and throat chakras to enhance loving communication.
2. The emerald is said to be able to open the heart to more friendships and unity with family.
3. The malachite is a semi-precious stone said to possess many healing abilities, with some believing that it radiates energy to the heart chakra in a way that allows the body to maintain emotional balance while also helping to point out emotional traps and pitfalls.
4. Similar to many other pink stones, the raspberry pink rhodochrosite is a manganese carbonate mineral that apparently helps to open the heart to unconditional love. Some have also used it to heal from childhood trauma.
5. The rhodonite is a manganese-filled crystal in pink with black or brown veins due to oxidization and is said to be able to open your heart to generosity as a form of expressing love.